Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Three Things

1. We had our first CC meet last Friday, and we finished 3rd. I was very pleased with our results. You can read more about the Krum boys CC team here.


2. My training for the Steamtown Marathon has been going very well. Monday (Labor Day) I ran my longest run in training--26 miles. It took me 3 hours and 56 seconds to run it. The first couple of miles and the last couple were a little slow, but I ran about 6 min. pace in the middle miles. You can visit the Steamtown Marathon site here.



3. Our dog Mercy had a rough day today. She had her surgery to get spayed. She was not able to eat after 8 p.m. last night, so she woke up really hungry. Despite her whining this morning, we could not feed her. On the way to the vet, I guess she got a little car sick and threw up in the truck. However, she had nothing in her stomach so it just looked like big wads of saliva. Then, when she got to the vet, she was nervous so she peed all over the vet assistant. Steph picked her up this afternoon, and Mercy puked in her car on the way home. She has just been laying around all evening--you can tell she is still a little out of it and in pain. We are becoming pretty attached to Mercy. I hope she will be back to her old playful self soon.

2 comments:

Mommysmart said...

What is it with your pickup and puke?

KP said...

haha Yes I know. Now even the dog wants to puke in it.