Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rankings

Rankings really don't mean anything--I know that! I tell my CC kids that all the time. BUT, I have to admit, I always look to see if our name is in the top ten when The Cross Country Association of Texas (CCCAT) puts out its bi-weekly ranking. We started out as #7 and in the past two weeks have moved up to #5. The only thing that tells me is that someone thinks we are getting better. Someone has been keeping track of our progress throughout the season. For a young first-time head coach that is reassuring. Even though we started out a little short-handed and we are lacking in depth, I am excited about the potential of this team. I know we still have a lot of work to do to get to where we need to be and we are still early in the season, but it gives the kids and me some confidence to know that people consider us to be right in the thick of things. We run in Denton this Saturday against some very good competition--we really need to have a good race.

You can see the rankings here!

No comments: