Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Feeling the Burn

In the last week and a half, I have put in some serious miles. Last week, I ran 88 miles. Then I ran my longest single run in over 2 years of 23 miles on Sunday. Today, I am definately feeling the burn in my legs. I ran 6 this afternoon but felt very sluggish. I am hoping I can regain some pep in my step tomorrow. As of today, I stand at 64 miles for the week and should easily get over 100 by Saturday. This is the most mileage I have put in since my college years. I am hoping this will prepare me well for an opportunity to win the Steamtown Marathon in October.

With all of the miles I have doing; however, I was humbled on Saturday while watching the Women's Olympic Marathon. According to an NBC report, China's #1 runner put in 750 miles a month to train for the Olympics. 750!! . . . . . . . . Let that soak in. ... . . . . . . . . . . . .That's about 190 miles a week! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27 miles a day!. . . . . . . Crazy!

1 comment: