Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bad Weather Days

So what do you do when icy weather hits and you get an unexpected day off from work. I had Tuesday and Wednesday off due to the weather, and it was great. Here is what I did:
1. Started a 750 piece puzzle that my parents gave me for Christmas. Stephanie will claim that she put most of it together, but we both know that's not the truth :). Notice how we ran out of space on the table and had to use a t.v. table and some books for more workspace. Believe it or not the dog hasn't eaten one puzzle piece yet (that we know of).



2. Read a few chapters in The Shack. I really enjoy reading and was happy to have had some free time to do it. I am in Chapter 10 of the book, and I am really enjoying it. You can read about the book here.

3. In January, Stephanie renewed our subscription to Netflix, so it was nice to get two new movies to watch on Tuesday. We watched Tuesday's with Morrie and Saving Sarah Cain. We really like having Netflix, although during the school year we usually don't have time to watch. We only pay $15 a month and we simply select movies we want to see, they send them to us in 1-2 days, and then we send them back when we are finished. Check out Netflix here.

4. And of course, I ran. Even though the roads were "too icy to drive on," they were good enough for a run. It was great. I was able to get some really good runs in. The extra time allows me to train at a high level of intensity.

I will say, I bundled up for my run!!!
5. Finally, I got to spend lots of time with my beautiful wife, Stephanie. During the basketball season, we do not get to see each other much during the week, so it was nice to be able to just hang at the house with her. Two years ago tomorrow (1/29), we went on our first date to Texas Roadhouse. We celebrated tonight by having dinner there.
What do you do when you get an unexpected day off???

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thank you for not putting that picture up. And I think you should always wear what that guy wears. It's hot.