Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back on Track

My week of running started off great on Monday. It was a school holiday, and I was able to do a solid tempo run in the afternoon. I ran 10K on the track in 31:52 with miles at 5:11, 5:11, 5:09, 5:04, 5:05, 5:02 and a final lap in 67. The effort was comfortable, and I was really pleased with the outcome. By Tuesday, my running took a hit. I was at basketball games four out of seven days last week, my right middle finger throbbed all week from a bacterial infection, and a severe cold kept me out of the running shoes for two days. Finally yesterday, I felt good enough to lace the shoes up again. I ran for an hour easy. Today, I decided to go ahead with my long run, since my chest and throat were feeling normal again. I ran my longest run yet--20 miles. Despite a little wind, it was a great day for a run with temperatures in the mid 50s. I averaged 5:55 per mile, which gives me great confidence for Cowtown. I still have about 30 days before the race!!

2 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

You're going to do great. It's been a long time since I got a 20 miler in. We're getting a crew together to do the OKC marathon at the end of April. Hopefully in a month or so I'll be talking about my 20 miler.

Mommysmart said...

Hey Cool article in the paper!