Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Columbus


I am running the Spirit of Columbus Half Marathon this weekend in Columbus, OH. I am excited to race again, but I am also pretty nervous. With triplets on the way, my window of opportunity to qualify for the Olympic Marathon Trials is closing rapidly. To qualify, I need to either run sub 2:19 for the marathon or sub 1:05 for the half. 2:19 seems easier to me, but I am going in to this weekend's race with the goal of running a fast half. Unfortunately, there is no prize purse for the race this year. That means 2 things: 1.) no shot at coming home with any cash and 2.) the competition will probably not be as fierce as it has in past years. However, my friend, Mizuno/Durata teammate and occasional training partner, Dave Fuentes, is also going to be at the race. Dave is in great shape and will be really tough to beat.


Hopefully the weather is at least bearable in Ohio. The course seems to be a good one--slightly downhill and point to point.


Stephanie is now 9 weeks into her pregnancy. We are starting to get really excited about having the triplets!! According to a website called "The Bump", the babies are the size of a green olive this week. Pretty amazing!

No comments: