Friday, August 13, 2010

Compression Socks


Since I started working part time at the Texas Running Company, I have learned a lot about several running-related products that I would have never tried before. One such product is CEP compression socks. With some pretty bold claims (5% improvement in marathon performance), I decided to give the socks a try. I was able to use my employee discount, which was nice since the socks come with a pretty steep price tag ($60 per pair of socks). For the most part, I have only used the socks for recovery (wearing them for 2-3 hours post workout), but today I tried them during my workout. Other than the fact that my legs were super hot (it IS August in Austin), I will have to say that I am impressed. I'm not sure they will improve my times significantly, but they definitely make my legs feel better. It's almost as if I can feel the blood circulating through my legs. They have also helped alleviate a lot of calf soreness when I wear them post-run.


To try them out, click the CEP link above or come visit me at The Texas Running Company (Austin Gateway location).

No comments: