Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Three weeks to go!


I finished up the week with a bang. On Friday, my friend and Durata/Mizuno teammate David Fuentes drove up to Cedar Park to do my workout with me. We ran a 10 mile tempo in the Block House Creek subdivision. The miles were as follows: 5:43, 5:17, 5:24, 5:20, 5:14, 5:18, 5:14, 5:12, 5:12, 5:04. After weeks of training alone, it was great to have David there--he certainly hepled me grind out those miles.


Friday night we headed to DFW for our friend Doug's wedding. We stayed in Lewisville with Stephanie's parents. I did an easy 10 Saturday morning and a 22 miler on Sunday. The 22 felt great (I ran the first 17 at 6:20-6:40 then cranked the last 5 down to 5:15 pace). I forget how different it feels in DFW--there is very little humidity compared to Austin.


Finally, I was able to take Memorial Day off. It was my first day off from running in quite some time. The picture is of Steph and I at Doug's wedding.
Only three more weeks before Grandma's!!

No comments: