Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last Week of School

I only have two days left at school until summer break. It is kind of surreal--I am looking forward to the break but there is a lot of uncertainty looming. I made the decision to get out of coaching for a couple of years to focus on my running. Coaching has been very good to me, and I have had the pleasure of working with some very remarkable kids. However, I think the time committments have just become too demanding for me to continue to give adequate attention to both coaching and training. So, I am hoping to find another job in the coming months where I can make money and still dedicate myself to running.

In these last few weeks before Grandma's, my training has been going very well. Yesterday, I met my coach and friend Derick Williamson at Austin High School for some mile repeats. The air was thick with humidity making it difficult to breathe at the end of the workout, but overall it was a quality session. I did 6xMile with 3.5 mins. between efforts in 4:45, 4:39, 4:37, 4:38, 4:41, 4:32. This week's mileage will drop significantly as I begin to taper for the marathon.

No comments: