Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mizuno shoes




I am less than 2 weeks away from race day! I had my last real long run over the weekend. It was 17 miles with 13 in the middle right around race pace. It really didn't go very well. I was sore for much of the run (probably some lingering soreness from the repeat mile session on Wednesday). I ran the first 7-8 miles pretty strong then started to fade a bit. I actually stopped after 12 miles at race pace and just cooled down for the remaining miles. Yesterday (Monday) was a day off, and it made a big difference in how I felt on today's run. My legs felt as though they had a little spring in them.

As of 1:30 today, it is 52 degrees and rainy in Duluth. The 10 day forecast shows a high of 66 and a low of 55 on Thursday, June 17. I can only hope that the temps don't get any higher than that for race day.

Above are images of the shoes I have been wearing. I am fortunate enough to have a regional soponsorship through Mizuno where I can get some free shoes. I have been training in the Mizuno Wave Precisions. They are a lightweight trainer with good support and excellent breathability. Plus, they have a really good color scheme. I will be racing in the Mizuno Musha 2. These racing flats are light but have great support for those longer races such as the marathon. I can't say that the colors are very flattering, but they definitely catch people's attention out on the race course!!

No comments: