Thursday, June 10, 2010

anxious


There is nothing like finally making it to the starting line of a big race. After months of preparation race day finally arrives and you are left to attend to your nerves and await the gun to fire.

I have really been training hard for Grandma's Marathon since early March. The race is just over a week away, and I am really starting to get anxious. This week I have cut back a lot in terms of mileage. I had one quality session of 8x1000 on Wednesday, and it felt pretty good and easy. Saturday, I will do a 12 mile run with some 3 minute pickups, but for the most part my heavy training is over. These last few days are really designed to just help my legs feel good. The last few easy runs have been fun--I can definitely feel some of the spring returning to my legs.

10 day forecast is showing a high of 65 with a 60% chance of showers for race day. That would be fine with me!

No comments: