Friday, December 18, 2009

What's Ahead

After a satisfying experience at White Rock, I am anxious to get back to training. I have had some time this week to really think about my races in 2010. As I continue my quest to achieve a qualifying mark for the 2012 Olympic Trials, I realize that my time is limited and I will need to improve significantly in the coming year. With that said, I have decided to run two local Austin races in the coming months. First, I will be racing the 3M Half Marathon in January with the goal of setting a PR in the half. This is a really fast race with lots of outstanding competition. Second, I will be running the Austin Marathon on Feb. 14. I will run this race with the intentions of winning and running in the low 2:20's. In preparation for the Austin Marathon, I hope to increase my weekly mileage to 120 or so. I will attempt this for about a month leading up to the race as an experiment to see if my body can handle the high mileage. I will probably rest up a bit and do some shorter races in the months of March, April and May. Well, that's the plan for now.

No comments: