Thursday, December 31, 2009

'09 Running Year in Review

Running was great to me in 2009. God has given me the ability and passion to run, and in 2009 he blessed me with good health and some great successes. Below is a recap of the year's running moments.

* In early February, I signed a "regional" sponsorship with Saucony. I received lots of free shoes, a racing uniform and some pretty cool gear.
*On February 28, I won my 3rd consecutive Cowtown Marathon (it was my best Cowtown time yet--2:25:13)
*In March, I accepted a position to coach at Leander ISD's newest high school, Vandegrift. This was a great opportunity for me and Stephanie. We moved to Cedar Park at the beginning of June.
*On July 19, I ran my first Ultramarathon--The El Scorcho 50K in Fort Worth. It was a great experience, but I'm not sure it is one I want to try again any time soon.
*In October, both my boys and girls cross country teams at Vandegrift won the District 8-3A Championship and earned a trip to the Regional Meet in Lubbock. This was a great accomplishment for a group of kids that are only Freshmen and Sophomores.
*The first weekend in November, I ran my first ever 10 mile race--The Run for the Water 10-Miler. This was a great cause benefiting the people of Burundi and their water situation. I won the race in a time of 51:34 beating former UT star Darren Brown (I will have to admit though that Darren was using the race as a workout).
*On Thanksgiving Day, I won the Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot (5 miles) in a time of 24:55. For the win, I received a Turkey trophy and $50 worth of free subs.
*On December 13th, I completed my 9th marathon (Dallas White Rock). I finished 4th in a P.R. of 2:22:53 earning $500 in prize money.
*This past Tuesday, I agreed to run for an Austin-area Mizuno team. This will give me more free shoes and the opportunity to win some prize money incentives.

I am thankful to have been able to pursue my running passion in 2009, and I am excited about the new year ahead.

Run Tough,
Keith

No comments: