Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Dad's a RUNNER

Well, I never thought I would say this, but my dad is a real runner! He has been training on the treadmill the last few months and has worked his way up to a 4 mile run. While at home over the weekend, Brian and I went for a run with him. I will be honest and say that I expected dad would need to walk some. Well, he surprised and impressed me! We ran 2.3 miles and never stopped to walk once. When we made the final turn towards home (about 3 blocks away), dad said, "We can pick it up if ya'll want." I wondered how much he would actually be able to "pick up" the pace. Well again I was impressed. Dad hammered it (I mean full sprint mode) the rest of the way to the house. I'm really proud of my dad for his discipline and dedication. I'm hoping we can convince him to run a 5K soon!

No comments: